Friday, February 3, 2023

Ramblings


 It's Friday. I'm doing laundry, cleaning up around the house, and doing some work. Well, really I'm sitting at my computer, thinking. 

Crazy to think that I just happened to think about this blog, and went to see that there are some who have actually read a few a these. 

So now that you know my state of mind and what I'm doing, then you will find today's thoughts very random. That's why I've titled it, "Ramblings." 

Here are some questions that I'm finding hard to answer. 

1. Why are eggs so expensive? The average cost for a dozen eggs right now is $4.25. That's double what it was in 2020. 

2. What is up with the labor shortage? Unemployment rate is supposed to be the lowest that it's been in years and yet every business is hiring. My local Dollar General closes at 5pm every night because they do not have enough people to work. Restaurants have made major changes to their schedules due to lack of employees. Companies are offering big signing bonuses to entice employees. It's crazy! 

3. Why is everyone moving to North Carolina? The Real Estate market in NC, especially Western NC is insane. When I searched this question, it seems that NC is a great place to live for outdoor enthusiasts. Ok, I'll buy that. The article said that the state saw a 9,000 person net increase in 2021. 😯  

4. Can the Tarheel's beat Duke on Saturday? Let's hope their loss to Pitt on Wednesday night at home will fuel them to play harder and better! Go Heels! 

5. How bad will the next Presidential Election cycle be? 

6. When will the war in the Ukraine end? 

So, if you've been thinking the same the questions, you're not alone. I'm thankful that no one is really looking for me to have the answer to any of these questions. I guess these are really 1st world problems. Maybe even just 1st world, Southeastern United States problems. My heart goes out to those in war torn countries like Ukraine and Russia. My heart also breaks for Haiti. I'm thankful and blessed to live in the mountains of North Carolina. I shouldn't be surprised that people want to live here. It's a great place! 

'Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart. ' Hebrews 12:1-3

God, help me to see that you are working in the world. Give me courage and boldness to follow you and join you where you are working. Let me not loose sight of the fact that you are the creator of everything and that you are working things to your glory and my good. 


No comments:

Post a Comment