Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Labor, Love, and Repentance

Keep in mind that this started out being a word to pastors, but I believe it applies to all followers of Christ. With that being said, let this be a reminder to pray for your pastor, daily. They face many challenges and need our prayers daily.

“I know your works, your labor, your patience, and that you cannot bear those who are evil. And you have tested those who say they are apostles and are not, and have found them liars; 3and you have persevered and have patience, and have labored for My name’s sake and have not become weary.4Nevertheless I have this against you, that you have left your first love. 5Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent and do the first works, or else I will come to you quickly and remove your lampstand from its place—unless you repent.
Revelation 2:2-5


We are no different than anyone else. We allow sin into our lives, and if we're not careful, we can let it go for sometime. I understand it can be hard for us as pastors to admit our faults and sin.
What do you need to repent of today? Is it worry, pride, lust, selfishness, idolatry? Ask God to reveal sins in your own life. Repent, ask him to forgive you and rest in his mercy and grace! Take time today to recall your salvation experience. Recall your baptism. What was your Matthew 1:15-17 experience? Claim God's goodness today! Reclaim your first love!  

1As the deer pants for the water brooks,
So pants my soul for You, O God.
2My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.
When shall I come and appear before God?
3My tears have been my food day and night,
While they continually say to me,
“Where is your God?”
4When I remember these things,
I pour out my soul within me.
For I used to go with the multitude;
I went with them to the house of God,
With the voice of joy and praise,
With a multitude that kept a pilgrim feast.
5Why are you cast down, O my soul?
And why are you disquieted within me?
Hope in God, for I shall yet praise Him
For the help of His countenance.
6O my God, my soul is cast down within me;
Therefore I will remember You from the land of the Jordan,
And from the heights of Hermon,
From the Hill Mizar.
7Deep calls unto deep at the noise of Your waterfalls;
All Your waves and billows have gone over me.
8The Lord will command His loving kindness in the daytime,
And in the night His song shall be with me—
A prayer to the God of my life.
9I will say to God my Rock,
“Why have You forgotten me?
Why do I go mourning because of the oppression of the enemy?”
10As with a breaking of my bones,
My enemies reproach me,
While they say to me all day long,
“Where is your God?”
11Why are you cast down, O my soul?
And why are you disquieted within me?
Hope in God;
For I shall yet praise Him,
The help of my countenance and my God. Pslam 42

Thank God for his mercy and grace! God is so good and worthy of our praise!  


Prayers for you as you minister this week!  

No comments:

Post a Comment