Monday, January 24, 2011

Explaination

If you have found this blog, or for some strange reason you searched for it, I feel like I owe an explanation for it's title.  My favorite story in the Old Testament, is the story of Balaam and the talking donkey.  This small story is tucked away in the book of Numbers, Chapter 22.  Balaam was forced to go with Balak's officials even after God had told him one time not to go.  On the way, an angel of the Lord appears in the road with a sword, and only Balaam's donkey can see it.  The donkey stops and tries to turn around and go back, Balaam hits the donkey three times.  Then the donkey talks to Balaam.  Funniest story I have ever heard.  I tell people all the time, if God can use a donkey, then he can use me, or anyone.  The amazing thing is, he wants to use us.  He does not have to use us to accomplish his purpose, but he chooses to.  If you are a believer in Jesus Christ, the Son of God, consider yourself a blessed servant.  Go, and be used, just like a donkey.

No comments:

Post a Comment