Monday, August 14, 2017

Freedom To Be You

"For You formed my inward parts;
You covered me in my mother’s womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Marvelous are Your works,
And that my soul knows very well. My frame was not hidden from You,
When I was made in secret,
And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed.
And in Your book they all were written,
The days fashioned for me,
When as  yet  there  were none of them."
Psalms 139:13-16

The book is entitled, "Uniquely Bivocational." In chapter 10, "Being Yourself," author Ray Gilder uses Psalm 139 to remind us that our real identity rests in who God says we are.  Gilder says, "The true source of our self-worth and significance is not what we have done, or the size of the church we serve. Our real identity rests in who God says we are, and what He feels about us." Gilder asks these questions at the end of the chapter.
  1. Do you praise God for making you like you are?
  2. Do you honor Him by being yourself and by using your special personality to glorify Him?

Listen to this song, "When He Was On The Cross"


"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. For when we were still without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.
For scarcely for a righteous man will one die; yet perhaps for a good man someone would even dare to die."
Romans 5:6-8

"For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing,
shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."
Romans 8:38-39

You are uniquely made by God, he knows you and you are LOVED! Rest in that today!

No comments:

Post a Comment