Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Shocking or not?

Image result for shocking

With the release of the list from the Ashley Madison website last week, many seemed to be shocked or surprise by who they saw or heard was on the list, or had accounts. Should we be shocked by what we hear or see in society today? 

Ed Setzer has written several articles on this subject, this past week. His heart has been greatly burdened for the pastors who were participating in affairs through the website. He was also concerned for their families and churches who were affected by it. He estimated that over 400 churches had pastors resign this past Sunday, due to their actions being discovered. 

When I mentioned that to some people who may not have heard, the reaction was much like the picture above. They were shocked! Many were appalled. How could they do that? Are you kidding me? Those were just a couple of the responses. 

I'll admit, the number is a lot. However, I was not surprised or shocked. Disappointed, yes, but not shocked. 

It does hurt to hear news like that, because I know there are many families and lives that are affected. It is very sad to think about how they will deal with this. My prayer is that God gives them the ability to reconcile and see God in BIG way. 

In my short life, I have seen good people make bad decisions that affect many people. I choose to use it as a reminder that I too can make bad choices. May God keep me humble and give me the ability to ask him to guard me everyday from temptation and selfishness. May I not stand in judgement of those who do fall into temptation, but pray that God will be light in their darkness. 

God bless those families and churches who have been let down, disappointed, and hurt by leaders who have made poor choices. God bless those pastors and leaders too. May we pray for them before we pass judgement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment