Monday, August 27, 2012

Do I Want To?

Hopefully by downloading the mobile version of Blogger, I will post more often. Not that anyone really reads my thoughts anyway.
It has come to my attention how easily distracted from the basics of the faith. It seems there are so many "good" things out there to do an yet we try to do them all.
The basic commandment comes from Jesus in the book of Matthew, when he calls us to, "seek first" his kingdom.
We can't just go around doing what we want to and ask God to bless it. We should be doing what God is leading us to do.
That brings up the biggest question. How do I know what God wants me to do? I don't think there is a magic formula to it. I will say that the question I ask is, do I want to? If the answer to that question is no, then I have found that God may be leading me to it.
Moses, Abraham, and Jonah are perfect examples of this thought process.
May God give you the ability to see and hear him clearly, and obey, even if you don't want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment